Here’s how it works for 4 – 18 year olds:
- Each week has a color theme, and we’ll send out prompts for that badge each week! The items do NOT have to be done in that week’s time frame to earn the badge!
- Each week, we’ll have a limited number (20-25) of take and make kits that go with the badge. If you don’t make it to the library in time or skip a week, don’t worry about not getting the kit. The crafts are purposefully easily replicable and thrifty! Additionally, kits are only available for individual patrons and not for organizations such as daycares.
- There will be additional badges released as we get into the swing of things!
- You must come into the library to mark badges as complete and get your badge!
- Each badge earned enters you into a drawing to win a prize at the end of summer reading!
- The reading goals break down to 20 minutes per weekday, for six out of the eight weeks Summer Reading is running for. This evens the playing field for all different reading levels and difficulties. If you have any concerns about this, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
- The Auburn Public Library considers graphic novels, audiobooks, and ebooks to be reading! All books are great in our eyes, and they all count!
How it works for 0 – 3 year olds:
- Read to or with your kiddo!
- Each picture book you read to them fills in a duckling on their reading log
- After 5 ducklings are filled in, come in and let your little one pick out a rubber ducky!
- Each rubber ducky enters them for a chance to win a prize!
- We are building a rainbow in the library for summer reading! Every kid’s book that is checked out will be added to the rainbow on Friday! How big can we make the rainbow?
- We’re having story time in the Auburn Square (under the Pavilion) every Friday at 4pm, weather permitting. They’ll also be broadcast on Facebook Live!
- All print outs are available at the library!